Nova

 For my last ever blog with Johnie, I am slightly being selfish and am finally doing something I have wanted to do for a really long time. What might that be do you ask... well I have secretly always wanted to be one of those dog moms who has a super aesthetically pleasing Instagram for their dog, so that is what I am going to do. It isn't completely out of pocket for me given what art has been about the last two years and where my art is taking me post graduation so I am just going to role with it and embrace my inner dog mom.

My dog Nova is a one year old pittie mix that I fostered for around a month last May before I ultimately fell head over heels in love and adopted. She now lives with me in Ormsby and is frequently seen around campus wreaking havoc or hitting people with her super wiggly tail.

 The reading we had to do by Jurgenson made me think a lot about the role of an image. They talk about the fact that images show and alert experience. This made me think of what Nova's account could really show the world, real life experiences as a ESA dog. I hope that the Instagram account I create brings just as much happiness to my viewers and she does to me, while sharing my story of having an ESA to help with my anxiety. 

I also want to use my platform to reach new dog owners who are struggling. Owning a new dog whether it is a rescue or breeder puppy is super challenging and can be extremely stressful especially in the first couple of months. Even as someone who works with some of the most challenging dogs on a daily basis in a shelter environment, I would be lying if I said I didn't have multiple mental breakdowns dealing with the stress of having a 3 month old wild puppy running through my dorm and eating my socks. I hope that my platform can also be an educational tool to help deal with certain new puppy parent anxiety, educating on enrichment, training and overall allowing your dog to be the best version of itself that it can be. Be sure to follow along on instagram: @novatheblackpittie 


So without further delay: here is the dog of the term, Nova Bean













Comments

  1. I love how you present your inner dog mom in this blog because I can see how passionate you are about this topic in your writing, and btw your dog is super cute! The pictures are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photography is beautiful and so is Nova! I really love that you're also using your platform to help struggling dog owners. My family has always had dogs and it's a lot of work so I think It's so cool you're doing what you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have anxiety and I have thought about getting an ESA, I'm interested in seeing what it is like to have one. Thank you for sharing and I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how this is an even more personal extension of your senior show! I agree with Luna, both Nova and your photography is beautiful! I can't wait to see how this project grows and I am very excited to be seeing more puppy pictures (: I think we all could use some positivity after the chaos of last term

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts