Boundaries

The idea of framing for this weeks blog was actually one that was very easy for me to think about when taking photos of Nova. If you have ever met Nova, you would know that she, alike many pitbulls, has ZERO personal boundaries and adheres to no sort of personal space or bubble. In fact she is 99% all up in your face, licking you or sitting on you as she thinks she is a lap dog. Framing within most of my images of Nova is active framing as she like to be all up in the camera (we struggle to get posed photos), but I think my use of active framing captures Nova's true personality: a fifty pound lap dog. Going off of the quote from the reading “A frame can serve to either emphasize or downplay its contents.” (p. 125), I think my framing work on my post from 04/23/2022 does a great job of emphasizing Nova's curiosity as well as her personality and is the exact reason why framing is so important, especially within animal photography. Cropping and framing can allow for the photographer to capture the animal's true spirit why showing their goofy side just like Nova.

Once again, follow along on Nova's journey through her Instagram @novatheblackpittie




Comments

  1. I love how Nova's personality is highlighted by your framing choices. The goofy close-up picture reminds me of my cat since she is also super playful and curious.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts