Nova’s Instagram

Within my images on my instagram this week, I thought a lot about our readings, specifically when thinking about the role of my social media platform. One specific line and  quote stood out to me when thinking about the goals of my page. The line"photos are taken and shared in part to confirm the reality of our own lives to others and ourselves- to confirm that we have has moments, irrespective of the degree to which we were immerse in them (79)." This quote stood out to me because I want my page to highlight both the good and the bad parts of my life with Nova. Raising a high energy dog in college while being a student athlete is extremely hard and has not been the easiest walk in the park. Nova has chewed my room apart, eating my keys, mattress, make up and anything else she can get her paws on. I want to highlight the fact that being dog parents isn't easy and give out tips and tricks to help the new parents raise their dogs properly, avoiding issues that I ran into as a new single dog parent. 

My posts this week have been about introducing Nova to the world, highlighting our life within a Lawrence campus. I have been working a lot with depth of field and texture highlighting Nova while blurring the background so she is the center focus. I am going to start posting on a schedule, post thematic images depending on the day-- for example #trainingtuesday where I give training advice. Things like this will allow my page to be a resource for new dog parents. 


CHECK OUT MY PAGE ON INSTAGRAM @NOVATHEBLACKPITTIE







Comments

Popular Posts