In the Moment

 For 365 days, Nova and I have the exact same routine. Alarm goes off and she is immediately up and in my lap ready for her morning attention. Every morning the game thing and every morning I take out my phone and take a cute video or picture of me and my little nugget. Now it might seem strange to take photos of this to remember the moments, especially when it happens every day, but it is times like this that I am forever thankful I do take so many photos. Nova is home fo the rest of the term due to heat issues in my room (thanks Lawrence) and it is so nice to be able to watch her adorable self on my phone and not miss her so much. The argument that being on your phone during precious moments in a valid one, but I think within these moments with nova in our classic morning cuddles is the opposite. On page 85, Jurgenson engages with the idea that “social photos can be a sensual expression of engagement with the moment rather than a sign of removal (85)”. Within this instant I completely agree. My engagement with photos is instead living in the moment and wanting to remember it for when Nova doesn’t get to be with me. Follow Nova's Instagram for more! @novatheblackpittie



Comments

Popular Posts